Purple Prose + Review

E-- Extremely Nice People

Today's letter in the A-Z Challenge is...

E is for Extremely Nice People
(Ok, so I might have stretched that a bit... )
Picture if you will: A woman with long, blond locks strolling into a restaurant with her three perfect angels in tow. The woman has on a red dress (because she's supermodel thin) and her kids listens to every word she says...
Ok, yeah, I'm lying----

For the real story...
Picture if you will: A kinda chubby, graying, tired mama walks into McDonald's with her three kids in tow. Now, these kids are like any other kids (good, but hard of hearing at times).
Got the picture?
So, my oldest two kids had soccer practice yesterday and when that happens we go to McDonald's for supper. I had gotten all brave and had taken all 3 of them by myself (I've done it before-- but only once).
Yesterday, I decided to be all 'good' and order my kids water... three of them. It wasn't until the tray was loaded up (and my hip was full of a heavy 20 month old) that I saw the problem.
I didn't really have a hand to carry the tray. Last time, I didn't have water so it was easy to carry-- but with three spillable waters? Um...
I had options of course. I could have put my 20 month old down (and let her run amuck, gone behind the counter, and terrorized the cooks).
I could have put her in her high chair at the table and went back to get the tray (but I was kind of afraid to leave them unattended).
So that left, balancing the tray and walking.
Deep breath...
I was about to do it... had the tray (almost) in my hand when this angel appeared. Actually, it was a UPS man, but he was an angel to me.
He took my tray and carried it to the table for me.
*GRIN*
If you are a mama, you know how rare that is! I've had to learn to do lots of things one handed (or even no handed) because a lot of times I'm by myself and it just has to be done.
So, when someone actually comes to your rescue, you remember it (and apparently you blog about it).
If you see a mama who needs help, go help her (ask first of course so she don't get defensive and think you are trying to rob her or steal her kids... we mama's are like that). But if she says its ok, you will really make her day. One act of kindness goes a long way.
Much Love,
Kelly
Linked with: www.a-to-zchallenge.com 

love, love story, and more:

E-- Extremely Nice People + Review