Purple Prose + TIME

~Holding Your Tongue~

Here is a break from my usual cleaning posts. I have had something going on in my life that I'd like to talk about. Recently, I've been reading the Bible every day... actually I read it more than once (once in the morning before I get up and once at night with a Bible Study of the Book of Ester). Anyway, I usually pray for God to open the book to whatever verses I need to hear...

Here are a few of them:
Proverbs 29:11-- Fools vent their anger; but the wise quietly hold it back

Proverbs 10:19:--Too much talk leads to sin, Be Sensible and keep your mouth shut.

Proverbs 10:32-- The lips of the godly speak helpful words, but the mouth of the wicked speaks perverse words

Proverbs 12:15-- Fools think their own way is right, but the wise listens to others

(HINT: I LIKE PROVERBS lol)

Proverbs 13: 16-- Wise people think before they act, fools don't-- and even brag about their foolishness

Proverbs 15:1-- A gentle answer deflects anger, but harsh words make tempers flare.

Proverbs 15:2-- The tongue of the wise makes knowledge appealing, but the mouth of the foolish belches out foolishness.

OK, that's not all of them, but you see where I'm going.

I'm being convicted (if you will) about holding my tongue and not letting it get me in trouble. I have a bit of temper (I KNOW hard to see that, ain't it? lol). The first day I read about the holding your tongue/be quick to anger I circled the verses and thought, ok. Then it happened the next day and the next day and I got to thinking, "God, what am I supposed to get from this? What am I missing about myself?"

Then about a week later, something happened (nothing bad), but I was sick, in a bad mood, etc., and said something I shouldn't have... and the domino effect lasted about a week. Like I said, it wasn't anything major, but because I couldn't hold my tongue it made me have a stressful week. IF I had of just LISTENED, none of it would have happened... sometimes I just want to yell at myself lol

SO, school is out and I thought, ok, this mental spanking by God is over... and we went to the Chinese restaurant yesterday. Here is my fortune: "Birds are entangled by their feet and men by their tongues."

I KNOW!

I fully believe that God can use Fortune cookies to tell you something. Apparently I haven't gotten it before now (I know that's true because of some of the words I have with my husband).

My tongue gets me in lots of trouble. I had a parent tell me at school the other day that I didn't talk much... said, "I know... when I do I get in trouble." lol I meant it as a joke, but in part its true.

I don't think I should sit by and never speak, but I do believe that I need to make my words not as harsh. My tone kinder. My words more wise.

Much love,

Kelly

book, FUN, love, and more:

~Holding Your Tongue~ + TIME