Purple Prose + Novel

If the 'Grace Awards' were the Oscars...

Tomorrow, this year's Grace Awards will be announced. My first book, CROSSING THE DEEP, has been nominated for Best Young Adult Christian Novel...

I'm BEYOND excited!

Instead of writing and doing something productive tonight, I got to thinking about 'what if the Grace Awards were like the Oscars'? Honestly, I'll probably never get to go to a big awards show (though it is on my bucket list) and this Grace Award might be the only award I'm ever nominated for (let's just be real here... )

SO, I decided why not go all out and pretend I was getting to go an awards show tomorrow... what would I wear? Who would give me the award if I won? How would I react?

Well, friends... take a peak into my brain...

FIRST is the dress... the very important dress.

I'm torn..

The Dress

OR

Or this... 2013 New Plus Size Strapless Corset Party Gown Prom Ball Formal Evening Dress16W

It would help if I told you that this is my favorite red carpet person...

Helena Bonham Carter & Tim Burton - Oscars 2013 Red Carpet | helena bonham carter tim burton oscars red carpet 2013 04 - Photo

HELENA BONHAM CARTER (LOVE HER!)

Anyway, so I'd probably pick the red dress (but covet the black and white one... )

And I'd wear this bracelet...

The bracelet... Adonis Rose 8 Row Cuff

(I looked.. it's $45,000 from Zales.com That's more than I make in a year, btw... )

I'd have my hair styled like this...

prom hairstyles updos 2013 7 240x300 prom hairstyles updos 2013 7

Get the picture?

My husband would walk in with me...

 photo Spring2008weddingandwhatnot117.jpg

OKAY, now for the awards...

First of all... these men would be announcing the winner in my category...

First of all... these men would be announcing the winner in my category...

Being this is my 'perfect' awards show, CROSSING THE DEEP would win (yay!) and I'd be all...

Being as this is my 'perfect' awards show, I'd win... and be like this...

Then I'd be all... HEEEEEEEEEYYYY I won!

Then I'd be all... Heeeyyyy I won!!

Then the tears would come...

Then... the tears would come.

NO, I mean REAL tears...

No, I mean really cry! :)

It would be the BEST. DAY. EVER!!!

It'll be the best. day. ever!

NOW, if I were to lose to two amazing novels I'm nominated with, I'd be a little sad--- maybe even a little crabby...

Now, if I were to lose... I'd be a little sad.

But, I'd get over it and be happy for the winner because it is TRULY...

It's truly... honestly... an honor just to be nominated! Thank you all for nominating me for the Grace Awards!!

... an honor just to be nominated :)

FINGERS CROSSED!!

CHECK out the other nominees in my category...

Chosen, The Amish Bloodsucker Trilogy Volume 1 by Barbara Ellen Brink

Seventh Dimension – The Door by Lorilyn Roberts

GOOD LUCK LADIES!!!

Check out the Grace Awards Website tomorrow to see who won in all categories. You might find your new favorite novel!

award, best, book, favorite, HAPPY, Inspiration, love, and more:

If the 'Grace Awards' were the Oscars... + Novel