Purple Prose + TIME

God Will Provide
Beholding Glory

It will seem that I'm talking bad about the Weathermen in our area. I've already talked about them once, and now it seems I'm at it again. I promise, that's not the case. They are human. They do the best they can.

Where I live, it's been horribly hot. When you go outside, the first thing you feel is a big, imposing smack to your chest ("It's not the Heat... It's the Humidity"... ). It's been about 95+ degrees, and the heat index makes it 104 or greater.

It's been HOT!

I was watching the weather one day this week (differen channel... so it wasn't the same weatherman) who said that it was going to be the hottest week so far, no relief in sight, VERY slim chance of rain, and even if it DID rain it wouldn't be wide spread AND it wouldn't cool us off.

Basically, we were in for it.

Yesterday, knowing all the weatherman had said, I took my kids to town early so we wouldn't get too hot (well, that backfired because it was already hot at 10 am... scorcher!). When we got back, we got to noticing something...

Gray storm clouds.

I thought, "Ok, it's just one of those passing showers and it will be hotter afterwards." I even sent something similar to my sister in a text.

This set of clouds did something rainclouds rarely do here... they moved east to west.

Finally, it started raining... and raining... and raining... and raining... and (you get the idea).

Curious, I looked up the radar on one of the local station's websites and saw a LONG band of storms, moving east to west, from the top of my state to the bottom, carrying lots of rain.

And guess what else happened?

It rained for a while...

And the temperture (that the forecasters said wouldn't budge even *if* we got rain) fell 20 degrees! It ended up feeling pretty good outside after that.

God knew exactly what we needed. He knew that we were scorching. And he used 'backward weather' to get it accomplished. It was a great break from the heat and a wonderful reminder that God is a wonderful provider.

2 Corinthians 9:8--
8 And God will generously provide all you need. Then you will always have everything you need and plenty left over to share with others.

We needed a furlow from the heat, and God provided... even when there wasn't even a 'chance'. Gotta love that :)

Much Love,

Kelly

best, FUN, love, and more:

God Will Provide + TIME